Five Steps to Walking by Faith
- Salvation. Accting Jesus as your Savior is your first step of living by faith.
- Surrender. A surrender definitely happens at the moment of salvation, but each day following we must surrender. Christ has called us to “take up your cross.” (Luke 9:23) It means to give God the proper acknowledge each day. Acknowledge that God is in control each day. You need to tell yourself and God. Give Him your plans. Your desires. Surrender.
- Step Out. 2 Cor. 5:7- “For we walk by faith, not by sight” Risk is always right. With faith there is risk. More faith doesn’t mean we need to risk BIG. But big risk is never discouraged in scripture. In fact, those who risked BIG for God with a humble heart, truly seeking God’s will, usually were rewarded with BIG faith. Step out and accept the risk that comes from faith. We can risk big and step out because our God is one who will hold us in His hands. “Assurance of faith is never gained by reserve, but only by abandonment.” – Chambers
- Strengthen. Our strength for this life of faith doesn’t even come from us. It isn’t something we can muster up. Our strength comes from God and His Word. Are you finding it hard to do the things God called you to do? If you are trying to do it in your own strength, you will be discouraged. “I will no longer try to show what great things I can do for Him, but will yield myself to Him so that He can show the world what great things He can do for me.” – Buell H. Kazee Lean into God and His Word for the strength to live by faith.
- Set our Minds – Col. 3:1-4 – “So if you have been raised with the Messiah, seek what is above, where the Messiah is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on what is above, not on what is on the earth. For you have died, and your life is hidden with the Messiah in God.” Focus your attention and all of your energies on the etneral. People and God’s Word are the only two things following us to eternity. Invest your heart and passions into those two things. As we make choices to live by faith, we keep those things in our minds. Day by day God will walk with us.
Faith is not just something we have the moment we believe. Faith is something we nurture. We live out each day. Our salvation and life of faith is not a religion. It is about a relationship.
Hebrews 11:5-6 – By faith Enoch was taken away so he did not experience death, and he was not to be found because God took him away. For prior to his removal he was approved, since he had pleased God. Now without faith it is impossible to please God, for the one who draws near to Him must believe that He exists and rewards those who seek Him.
A life walking with God is first one that is drawing near to God. Drawing near to God is a constant choosing to believe and a constant seeking to know Him more.
What does “live by faith” mean to you? Which of these steps do you find the hardest to remember?
Sign up for my Letters of Grace
I promise two things:
1.) Only ONE letter a month!
2.) Short letters, because ain’t nobody got time for that!
As a “Thank You” for signing up, I’ll be sending you some freebies.
For the month of November, I’ll be featuring….
Melissa has created special one-of-a-kind coloring sheets just for my readers! Yah! Sign up so you don’t miss out!