Since January I’ve been reading a Psalm a day. I’ve been doing other studies, and reading other passages as well, but I make sure if I don’t have time for deeper or a longer Bible study time I at least read one Psalm a day. If I skip a day, I read two the next day. It is now the end of April and I have to say this has been the easiest and the most rewarding Bible reading plan I’ve done.
2017 hasn’t been the hardest year of our life (so far), but it hasn’t been easy either. Life happens, right? What I love about the Psalms is so many of them mirror my on going ups and downs of emotions. Some Psalms are full of praises, but others are very melancholy. Here are 10 reasons why I love reading the Psalms:
- They were written by real people, in real ordinary lives.
- They are perfect for worship.
- They encourage my heart when I need to focus my eyes on God.
- They inspire me to look around creation to find God’s glory.
- Truth can be found in every single psalm.
- So many familiar verses we sing are found in the psalms.
- They talk a lot about prayer and God hearing us.
- They remind me of how GOOD God is.
- They help me to dwell on God’s gracious mercy.
- They remind me of His closeness to me.
If you want some more Bible study resources, check out my page here!
Connect with me!
Welcome to Tuesday Talk!
Please pick ONE social media to follow EACH HOST. Drop your link below!
Beth at Our Pretty Little Girls | Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram
Crystal at Hall Around Texas | Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram
Jessica at Sweet Little Ones | Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram
Stefanie at Lexie Loo, Lily, Liam, & Dylan Too | Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram
Stephanie at Wife Mommy Me | Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram
Becky at BYBMG | Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram
Lindsay at Lindsay’s Sweet World | Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram
Sarah at Sarah E. Frazer | Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram
Justine at Full Hands, Full Heart
Christina at Waltzing In Beauty | Pinterest | Instagram
Meghan at The Adventure Starts Here | Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram
Tina at Go Big or Go Home | Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram
Whitney at Polka-Dotty Place | Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram
Link up here: