Eleven Reasons Why We Can Praise God
What if God is calling you to something super hard?
God has definitely called me (and our entire family) to something SUPER hard. We announced big changes last week. But I’m not the only one who has every faced big changes or a big calling. In fact, God has shown me some amazing truths as my Bible study girls and I have been walking through Genesis. At first I wasn’t sure whether I wanted to study one of the most well-known books of the Bible.
I’ve heard the stories from Genesis a million times, but each week, as we gather together we realize God is STILL speaking truth to our hearts from these amazing stories. In Genesis 15 we studied how Abram was once again reassured of God about the promise. He would have an heir and an inheritance. God called Abram not to the promise (that was God’s doing), but God asked Abram to step out and have faith: just believe.
After Abram believed, he prepared a sacrifice. He worshiped God. The promise wasn’t fulfilled in that moment. In fact, he would have to wait at least another 13 years….but Abram’s moment of faith was here. And He demonstrated that faith with praise.
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. Romans 12:1
That’s it. It wasn’t an accident I’ve been reading through Psalms this year in my Bible as well. For nine months now I’ve studied, read and reread so many of the Psalms. In these pages David and the other authors faced some really hard challenges, super hard places, and callings which seemed impossible.
One of the most common thread through out this hymn-book of the Bible is praise. When I was feeling really overwhelmed the other day with thoughts and questions about our family and future: God whispered: just praise Me.
Before the calling, I can praise Him.
During the waiting, I can praise Him.
When the storms of fear overcome my heart, I can praise Him.
There are NO situations where praising God will help. I mean it! Fear – praise! Uncertainty – praise! Heartache – praise! Worship and praise takes our eyes off of ourselves (and the situation) and moves it towards God. I just love all of the psalms, but Psalm 135 is so amazing! The author doesn’t give any background of his situation. Things could have been super great, or really really hard – He only praises.
From this psalm, I see even reason we can worship God – today! You might not always FEEL like praising, but you can.
Eleven Reasons Why We Can Praise God
1. He is good.
2. He has chosen us.
3. He is great.
4. He is above all gods.
5. He controls all of nature.
6. He has done miracles.
7. He is eternal.
8. He will vindicate.
9. He has compassion.
10. He is alive.
11. He dwells with us.
Why can YOU praise God today? Can you make your own list? Write out your own psalm of praise to God!
I love to share new resources with you, and even better when they are FREE. I know budgets are tight, we can’t always get the new printed devotional, but what if I told you that you could get fifteen interviews (including mine) about some amazing topics, for FREE?!
Here is a list of speakers and topics!
- Day 1 Established in the Word
- Faith — Sarah Frazer: Studying God’s Word in your Everyday Ordinary Life (Click here to see part of my interview!!!)
- Family — Sarah Ann Good: The Family Bible Study Toolkit
- Life — Jessi Fearon: Flourishing in your Finances
- Day 2 Cultivating New Life
- Faith – Lara Casey: How Writing the Word can Transform your Life
- Family – Marie Osborne: Discovering Real Joy Right Now
- Life — Sharon Hines: Creating Success at Home
- Day 3 Flourishing in the Courts of God
- Faith – JoDitt Williams: Delighting in the Word of God
- Family – Jennifer Thorson: Teaching our Kids Self-Control over their Words
- Life — Brittany Ann: Putting God First
- Day 4 Connected to the Vine
- Faith – Asherita Ciuciu: Quiet time for Busy Women
- Family – Ruthie Gray: Nine Liberating Steps for Mom Frustration and Anger
- Life — Sara Borgstede: How to Lose Weight and Honor God with your Body
- Day 5 Planted in the House of the Lord
- Faith – Arabah Joy: Praying the Promises of the Cross
- Family – Caroline Allen: The Well-Ordered Kitchen
- Life — Laura Krokos: Finding God’s Calling for your Life
The Flourish Conference is ABSOLUTELY free. You get a 30-page guide, access to a Facebook group, and beautiful printable for your home! All of this is FREE. 100% promise! I just finished watching all of the videos and you are going to LOVE IT!
If you sign up for the conference, you will have an opportunity to purchase an all-access bundle. It is a special bundle of materials, worth over $325. In fact, you can get my e-books The Glorious Ordinary AND my Four Ways to Study the Bible Workbook (worth $24) plus a TON of other resources for just $24!
If you purchase the all-access bundle (using my affiliate link), I am offering a DOUBLE BONUS! Yes, you can get my new devotional, Coming Home (based on Psalm 90), for FREE, when you purchase the bundle You only have ONLY TWO WEEKS to get my bonus. The bundle is only $24 and the Coming Home devotional is wroth MORE ($30)!
Coming Home (based on Psalm 90) is about how God is our home and dwelling place!
To get this devotional & over $300 worth of other resources click here it sign up and purchase the bundle after you sign up.
All of this is FREE with purchase of the bundle!
OVER $30 WORTH OF WORKSHEETS FOR ONLY $9!!!!
—> Coming Home Devotional ($9 value)
—> Bible Study Pack (with 29 pages of printable material, a $8 value)
—> Access to Audio Course ($15 value)
—> Write the Word Journal Sheets ($5 value)
—> Dwell Pocket Truths ($3 value)
—> 10 Verses to Cultivate a Prayer Life ($3 value)
2. Purchase the All-Access Bundle: only $24 (for the first 30 minutes!)
3. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to let me know you purchased it and I’ll send you a link to get your FREE copy of the Coming Home devotional!
Let me know if you have questions, but I’ll be sharing more about it next week. HOWEVER you have TWO WEEKS to purchase the bundle and get my Psalm 90 devotional for free!
Connect with me!
*Affiliate links. If you purchase from one of these links, my family and I get a small blessing. It doesn’t cost you anything extra!
Welcome to Tuesday Talk!
Link up here: